Wednesday, March 9, 2011

40 Days of Blogging

Lent is upon us, and this year I'll try something completely new for a Lenten discipline: I aspire to make this blog a more regular part of my life. My plan is to post 40 times during Lent, sometimes with reflections on my Lenten journey, other times with lengthy diatribes or links to interesting corners of the internet, and probably at some point I'll post just to fill in numbers toward reaching my goal. At any rate, I hope that blogging here will encourage mindfulness and reflection and prayer, rather than just be one more thing I have to do in a day. We'll see.

If you have yet to come up with something, consider using this Carbon Free Lent Calendar from Michigan Interfaith Power & Light. You can also use this calendar if you have already come up with another Lenten discipline, but just want to stay mindful of our relationship to God's earth. We at Lutheran Church of the Savior will be celebrating Earth Day again this year, though because Earth Day falls on Good Friday, we will put off our celebration until after Easter, on Sunday May 1st. We have again invited our neighbor Sr. Ginny Jones, CSJ, to preach on that occasion. Following the calendar above would be a great way to build up to the new life we celebrate and share at Easter, followed only a week later by this Earth Day celebration.

What other plans do you have for Lent this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment